Thursday, November 5, 2009

Alexandra

My sweet Alexandra is growing up way too fast! It is amazing how much she is learning. She came home the other day from preschool and recited the months of the year to me. I couldn't believe it! It was such a proud moment; my eyes filled with tears. Now writing is her new thing! She asks me "mom how do you spell brush, skirt, shirt, mommy, daddy, Avery, and so on". I love how curious she is. We sit and I tell her what letter and she writes it in her notebook. She is amazing! Her teacher agrees with me. When Toby picked her up the other day she told him what a great spirit she had and how excitable she is. That made my heart tingle!! Last week, Alexandra wanted to go to church with me so I told her we could try it out. She was awesome! She sat there so patiently. I also had activities for her to keep her busy. After the singing, she said "okay I am ready to go now". I told her we had to listen to the sermon. She said "okay mommy". I couldn't believe what a big girl she was. Again, I got tears in my eyes because I then realized she is growing up. I am so grateful that she has a love for the Bible and wants us to read it to her every night before she goes to bed. We were reading about Adam and Eve and how Satan encouraged them to make a bad choice. After we were done reading that night, she said a prayer "Dear Jesus I will not listen to any snakes, Amen". I love that girl so much and am blessed that God gave her to us to raise.
Alexandra writing in her notebook!









She is so proud!!

4 comments:

Angie said...

What a sweetie! Just wait, the proud feeling only get better. Cute shirt she has on by the way.

SUTHER FAMILY said...

Alexandra is a very special young lady...She has a great personality!

Jennifer said...

Thank you both!

Meredith Braaten, CD(DONA) said...

I love what she is wearing. (leave it to me to always notice the clothes)